Wednesday, 06 February 2013

Did Jesus Paint Houses?


 In my November 2012 blog posts titled HOW TO BUILD A HOUSE 101, I took my readers day-by-day as I joined the short term mission team from Christ Lutheran Church, Phoenix as we built a 3 bedroom house for Gogo (Grandmother) Shabalala and the 12 orphans she is raising.

Today, I along with Pastor Thwala, my ministry partner Ginger and Jessica Harrison went to paint the exterior of the house.



First thing we found was our 9th grade friend "Ike", who was home from school today because yesterday he was caught in the rain and his pants were wet.  One pair of school uniform pants + no dryer = having to miss school.  shame.


Here's the house.  Door is the entry to the kitchen / lounge (living room) area.  Two bedroom windows.


I completed the west side and as the others were working on the south side I began with the north side.


Z   pronounced 'Zed' in South Africa


Z E


Z E A


Z E A L   I should never be left alone ...


All the Gogo's came to peek as well as Jessica


To peek and to laugh at me!


Fun and games are over... time to get this primer on the cider block


All done... one coat on and time for lunch


Ginger 'cutting' around the windows



Jessica cutting in too


Time for the 'Lutheran Yellow'.  By the grace and love of God we have built and painted many houses here in Ntshongweni... all painted this shade of yellow.  


My north side of house done... yes Jessica will come around and finish the tippy top.


Ginger high above it all.


Looks so good and I know Gogo Shabalala is so happy.  Wish we could have stayed until the children came from school to see the look of surprise on their sweet, precious faces.  No one knew we were going to paint today.  No one knew that they would be blessed with the tangible evidence of a loving, living God who as Emmanuel comes to His people with paint.  

I just know that Jesus painted around His stomping grounds, I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment