Sunday, 17 February 2013

10 Things I will not miss about living in South Africa

10 Things I will not miss about living in South Africa.

1. Taking a bath


2. Walking in the rain... usually without an umbrella


3. Carrying my groceries  home from town.

4. The South African Post Office.  I could write an entire post on the inefficiency of this government run service.  Lord have mercy.

5. Being asked everyday for money or if I have a job I can give them.  My heart breaks for these beautiful people.

6. Limited food options.

7. Gates, locks, bars, security systems:
This is to enter the area where my flat is.



All the windows have bars.

My bedroom.

I lock myself in my room at night





Bars to my front door.

8. Having to skype my children and friends - after figuring out the time difference -

9. Having my heart and life in South Africa yet a foot in America with what I left there.

10. The weather... either dreadfully hot, cold or raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment