Friday, 03 August 2012

Lazy Zeal

Reading! How important is reading?  

Jesus!  How important is Jesus?

The answer is VERY to both questions.  Each week I have the humble privilege to pair these two crucial elements in our lives at Ntshongweni Primary school Tuesdays at 1400 and at Charles Primary, Wednesday at 0730 



But it's winter here in South Africa and I've been fighting a cold for over a month.


So, I got lazy and instead of reading to the 5th grade classroom - I brought in Christian word-find sheets and new, sharp pencils.


and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure, 
 then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.

Proverbs 2:4-5




Each week the school's assistant principal ushers my ministry partner Ginger and I to different classrooms.


Typically, the classrooms can have between 40 and 50 students.


This day I had a mere 35 students.  


The teachers are thrilled to have us, mostly because they leave the room.  



So, here I am alone with the throng with little to no Zulu under my belt and them with their emerging although limited English.





I paired the class into three's and gave each group one WORD FIND sheet and one pencil.  


They were beyond excited and knew exactly how to look to find the listed words.


The WORD FIND sheets were from a Christian book.





Psalm 33:4
For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.




Any which way to work on the Word-find.


Hey, this is fun!


Students outside of our classroom waited to come inside... sorry buddy.


Interesting to see who has an August birthday.  Happy birthday Mthobisi & Lwazi.


We all just love posing for pictures - cheese.



Don't break any rules.  Notice #14.  When I walked in the entire class stood to their feet and said in unison, "Hello Teacher."


Chalk boards and real chalk.  In the office are the boxes of chalk.  Notice that there is not a desk for the teacher nor anyplace for the teacher to keep anything.  No books, no pencils, no computers just an American missionary bring the Word of God to these precious children.

No comments:

Post a Comment