Wednesday, 08 August 2012

Do you grieve over someone who has fallen away from the faith? I do!

O CHRIST, OUR TRUE AND ONLY LIGHT

Do you know someone who has fallen away from the faith?  Do you love someone who has fallen away from the love of Jesus Christ?  I do and it causes me to grieve.  In my grief I cry out to God Almighty to steadfastly pursue my love one and gently, or not so gently, gather them back to the saving grace of our Savior. 

This hymn comforts me.  Rather than sing the words I pray the words over those I love.  Over those I grieve who have lost their way and are living in darkness.


O Christ, our true and only light, 
Enlighten those who sit in night; 
Let those afar now hear Your Voice 
And in Your fold with us rejoice.

Fill with the radiance of Your grace 
The soul now lost in error's maze; 
Enlighten those whose inmost minds 
Some dark delusion haunts and blinds.



O gently call those gone astray 
That they may find the saving way! 
Let every conscience sore oppressed 
In You find peace and heavenly rest.

Shine on the darkened and the cold; 
Recall the wand'rers to Your fold. 
Unite all those who walk apart; 
Confirm the weak and doubting heart.

That they with us may ever-more 
Such grace with wond'ring thanks adore  
And endless praise to You be giv'n 
By all Your Church in earth and heav'n.


Lutheran Service Book
Mission and Witness
839

No comments:

Post a Comment