Saturday, 01 December 2012

Giving the creche children each their own book

Oh man, oh man, oh man do we take so much for granted.  

I am paying rent each month on a 20 x 10 storage unit.  What valuable am I keeping in safe keeping?  Furniture - nope.  Household items - nada. Anything I will need when I return - no way.  I have every book my children ever touched.  Box after box of childhood books that in 27 years I've not been able to part with.  Books.  Children's books.  Sadly, cuddling up at night with a parent for a bedtime story isn't a part of the Zulu culture.

Ginger and I found a tub full of books and with the creche already stocked full of books we decided to give the new found tomes away to the children to take home.


So we began with the wee ones - they gathered around to pick out a color book.


A color book for everyone!


They are so very excited and yet waited so patiently to get their box of crayons.


The youngest children (2 & 3 year olds) got a color book and a new box of crayons to take home.


Teacher helping get all the wonderful books safety put away.




Putting their book in their back pack.


My ministry partner, ready for the next group precious children to come pick a book.


Here comes Grade R (Kindergarten)



Grade R deciding on a book.




So many to choose from!


The 4 year old's picking out the book they want to take home.


Tobeka, one of my favorites gets her book.  A Golden Book!


Every American know Bob the Builder and Clifford The Big Red Dog - now so do two sweet Zulu children.



Rejoice the Grade R teacher helping us out.  Thanks Rejoice, you're the best.



Nicely lining up to put their new best friend (book) into their back pack. 


And here it is... THE BOX where we found all the book and THE BOX was  hidden in a deep dark closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment