Tuesday, 03 January 2012

On average, I've moved every 12 days... ugh!


Since my arrival to South Africa, due to many and various reasons, I've had to move all my belongings, on average every 12 days.  When I say all my belongings I mean eighteen months of everything I brought with me: 18 months of toothpaste, 18 months of shampoo, 18 months of everything I thought I would want or need.  Believe me, it's alot of stuff that I wish I didn't have and clearly didn't realize I would end up in South Africa where I can buy anything I need.


And so I haul all this everything everywhere I go, every 12 days.


All while moaning and complaining about it.


My housing is usually pretty basic but due to some unusual circumstances I had to check into Bracken's Guest house; which is a B & B.  Bed & Breakfast.  And Bracken's is beautiful, thus I took these photo's.



This reminds me of Solomon, my beloved cat I had to leave in America.


Daring little buildings all over the place.


Gardens


Beautiful flowers everywhere, it's summer here.







sundial, wish the sun were shining better, but I can see the shadow


palm trees











Gateway to my room



My room, which was so wonderful.




View from sitting on my bed 

Being in the fabulous place, plus I am able to move into my permanent housing next week! Makes we stop complaining about all the moves and just enjoy this magnificent place.  I'm learning to be content.


 'I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.'
Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment