Thursday, 24 November 2011

Fear




I have fears.  Many fears.  Many fears about what is happening in America while I am away.  Some are big fears... some are small.  The small ones include questions like: what technology is being developed that I'll have to learn; what movies are being released that I'll have to make up seeing; am I going to be so far removed from the teen culture that I'll not be able to re-enter their atmosphere as a DCE?






I fear I'm missing the important events.  Yet life goes on here in Africa as well as in America.  Today I'm missing a significant 'event' .  No, not thanksgiving, my heart and hips can go a year or two without turkey and gravy.  Today Myrle Bjorklund went home to Jesus.  Today a day of great rejoicing here at the Tshwane Luteheran Seminary.  Today, November 24 is graduation.  The contrast appears to be polar opposite but I'm seeing, I'm hearing a common theme.







Kaine Prince Frank (L), Zeal, Enoch Macben (R)



Graduation. Two graduates, both from Uganda... aawww Uganda.  Uganda has a place in my heart but Frank and Enoch has a very special place in my heart.  Today we rejoice. Today we celebrate.  We celebrate as only a campus full of African men can celebrate with music and song.  The singing is definitely my favorite part of serving here in Africa because I am ushered straight to the Glory of heaven by their harmony and melody and drumbeats.  This beautiful sound is like nothing or no place on earth.  It is during  their singing, as I am silent that Philippians 2:9-11 becomes real, palatable, tangible that EVERY TONGUE, EVERY NATION, EVERY TRIBE  will sing praises to the One exalted.




As the joyous singing continues throughout this day, I rest assured that Myrle is in heaven hearing the voices of EVERY TONGUE, EVERY NATION, EVERY TRIBE.  I have fears but I do not fear death.  I look forward to joining Meryl and the company of heaven who have gone before me as we sing with EVERY TONGUE, EVERY NATION, EVERY TRIBE.  Congratulation graduates,  you made it.
Congratulations Meryl, you made it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment